Clear practical
legal advice

Solicitors providing expert legal advice for you,
your family and your business.

Category Archives: Divorce and separation


Posted by MOTO - Admin

What are you entitled to when you separate or divorce?

It can be very reassuring to get clear straightforward advice about all of these very important and complicated issues.

We can help you to get:

  • Financial support from the other spouse to assist you until a final settlement is reached.
  • An order to transfer the home to you, or an order to sell the property if this is what you want.
  • We can obtain an order so that your spouse has to pay you a lump sum.
  • We can obtain an order that makes your spouse pay a contribution towards your legal costs.
  • We can also obtain a pension sharing order so that your spouse has to give a percentage of their pension to you. This can deal with pensions that your spouse is already receiving or still paying into. After the family home, the pension can be one of the most valuable assets.
  • We can also advise you about financial provision for step children.

We offer fixed fees and payments by instalments if required.


Posted by MOTO - Admin

The importance of a valid Will

If you are married or in a civil partnership and do not make a current Will, then any existing Will remains valid which might not be what you want if it provides for your ex-partner.  If you do not have a Will then until you remarry your partner automatically will inherit your assets which might not be what you want.

On marriage any existing Will becomes void, this applies if you have been divorced or have never been married the result will be that your partner will inherit what you have left as if you had no Will.

The only way to make sure that you have peace of mind knowing that in the event of your death you have made provision for the care and maintained of children and or relatives, and that what you own goes to who you want it to is by making a Will.

You can also protect your well-being, finances and those who are dear to you by making a lasting power of attorney. This gives authority to people you trust to administer your finances and affairs if you become mentally or physically incapacitated in the future. This can be cancelled by you at any time if you are still of capacity, but cannot be entered into if you have lost capacity, so delay is not recommended.

To find out more contact us to arrange an appointment.